Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coupons, coupons, and more coupons!!

Almost every single one of my Alabama friends can be found clutching coupons these days. Why? The Bargain Buggy has started the craze, and it's paying off BIG TIME. I must admit, I'm not an avid couponer. When I was in college I was - my roommate and I would collect coupons from every friend and family member we could find, sometimes even grabbing them out of the recycling bins. Back then the Super Big Y had double coupons every Tuesday, and triple coupons every so often, too. We would make our lists, scan the ads, use the coupons, and boy, did it ever help out our grocery bill! Of course, back then we spent any saved money on beer. But that's a blog for another day...

These days, with children and a household to run, coupons are even more precious. And yet, I'm skeptical. Couponing is, after all, time consuming. I need to make the decision - is the money I save worth the time I spend? Is it worth the gas to drive to Publix in Fairhope? Worth the extra hour on the road to get there? Given some of my friends' results, I'm thinking yes. JS spent $85.00 at Publix yesterday, saving $125.00! Her list of groceries purchased is amazing - my jaw almost hit the floor! And ES regularly shows me her receipts with savings galore. Don't believe me? Click here to check out The Bargain Buggy for yourself - you'll be excited to start couponing, too! For those of you who cannot come to the Fairhope Publix because you live too far away, I would encourage you to call your local Publix and ask about their coupon policies - it's worth a bit of a drive to save 75% off your grocery bill, don't you think?

Alright, time to stop writing - I need to go to the store to buy a Sunday paper!

3 comments:

  1. Would the Publix in Orange Beach be a shorter drive for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that Publix is closer, but not by too much, and their customer service isn't as good as Fairhope - they don't honor as many coupons, so you don't save as much money. From what I hear, the manager in Fairhope is much more generous when it comes to which kind and how many coupons a customer can use. A friend of mine went to the one in Fairhope and said it was so awesome there that even if she hadn't had coupons, it was the best shopping experience she'd ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I too think I was swallowed by a fat girl..... How the heck did this happen? LOL.....

    Great coupon ideas too!

    ReplyDelete