Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Fatty

There have been many posts about my successes - and I'm proud of that! But... to be honest, I've had a little slip up. One day of bad, horrible, fatty, junky food. So, in an effort to be completely honest, I am confessing the bad along with proclaiming the good. It's only fair.

Yesterday was J-Day. Junk Day. I'm actually embarrassed to admit how much I ate. Here are my excuses:
  • I'm very stressed out!!!
  • I'm ovulating so my hormones have gone haywire.
  • I've done so well, I deserve a break.
  • I'm stressed!! Super stressed!!
  • I have so much to do I forgot to pack my lunch.
  • I just haven't had time to go to the store for my healthy foods.
  • I'm totally stressed to the max!!

At this point, choose your own... Do any of them sound familiar? As you can tell, I am a big time stress eater. I've posted before that when I am stressed out I will choose to eat and eat until I feel calm again. I think there must be a biological reason for this - eating takes blood away for the brain and to the stomach for digestion - maybe that's why I feel calm. Maybe it's not so much calm as it is sleepy. But I'm getting off track here - yesterday was the worst eating day I've had in two months, and I'm feeling really guilty about it, so here comes the confession part. Here's the list of everything I ate yesterday:

  • My usual small handful of almonds with black coffee (I was off to such a good start!)
  • At 8:00 I ate a hamburger. Yes, that's right - a hamburger. With mustard and sauerkraut and some olive oil-based mayo. (not the best breakfast...)
  • At 9:15 ES brought me - at my request - a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel from McDonald's (I inhaled it on the playground in the 85 degree weather).
  • At 12:45 I had lunch - Wendy's chicken wings - two orders, one buffalo chicken, one Asian sesame - PLUS a loaded baked potato AND a sweet tea.
  • At 4:00 I ate a bunch of Cheez-Its out of my child's lunch box.
  • 6:30, on the way home from WalMart I washed down a Heath bar with a cherry 7-Up.
  • 7:30 - dinner was two tacos, loaded with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cheese, meat, black olives and hot salsa. Served with a little scoop of refried beans. Drank two glasses of Country Time lemonade with dinner.
  • 9:00 - drank a glass of milk to tame all the hot stuff I ate on my tacos.

So there it is, in black and white. Ugh. Makes me feel sick just looking at it. And fat. It makes me feel fat. But I have decided not to take one bad day out of 60 good ones and use that as the excuse to give up. I'm back on track today, and refuse to let yesterday beat me down. I am going to brush myself off - the crumbs, that is - and look forward, not back. And please pray for my resolve - pray that I will jump right back into the good, healthy eating and never have to hang my head and post my confession again. *Sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were just craving protein. I've done that before. Usually, I'm a carb-woman, but once in a while I'll eat a rack of ribs and a steak in one sitting (My DH usually finds a fork stuck in the back of his hand, too...)
    You have a 98.4% success rate! Don't be too hard on yourself : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. Accept that you are never going to be perfect every day. I think you are doing an amazing job Kim. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete