Monday, April 27, 2009

Did you bring your lunch?

That's always the question of the day around here. I work with an amazingly awesome lady - MC - who is beautiful and looks amazing, too. She's very slender and works her butt off (literally) as a waitress a few evenings each week. So everyday one of us will ask, "So, did you bring your lunch?" Followed by a lengthy discussion of where to eat, what to eat, how much to eat.... Ugh. It about kills me every day. But we're trying to get better about bringing our lunches - the money alone is reason enough! Today I got a veggie sub on whole wheat and I added my own tuna to it - made with a tiny bit of olive oil and NO MAYO (mayonaise is my Kryptonite. I love Hellmans - it's so creamy and delicious... Mmmmmm, mayo....). So today I'm feeling pretty good about my choices. For breakfast I had plain yogurt with Grape Nuts and 2 teaspoons of all natural peanut butter. I'm buying into the thoery that if you eat good fats - olive oil, peanut butter, avacado, nuts - that your body will release belly fat. We'll see if this theory is correct. I've tested it before, but apparently healthy fats mixed with cheeseburgers, fries, chips, and hot dogs doesn't make your body release anything. Except some gas, maybe. So here I go again, a few pounds up and I'm once again determined to get some of this fat off of me. Pray for my strength!! Not to mention my will to exercise!! I'll post about exercising next, I think. Working out - the bane of my existence...

No comments:

Post a Comment