Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesdays

I hate Tuesdays. I really do. Mondays I kinda like - I'm rested from the weekend, I'm ready to start a new week, the kids' things are all ready to go ... it's nice. But Tuesdays? Ugh. Today was one of those typical Tuesdays - I've gotten up at 5am, it's now 9pm. I've run around all day - going here, going there, meeting in the morning, meeting in the afternoon... and yet I feel as though I've accomplished absolutely nothing. And for some reason, annoying things always happen on Tuesday. I had a *delightful* conversation with a mean, narrow minded racist (she's now tops on my prayer list - I find it much harder to punch someone when I've been praying for God to touch their hearts), I had one of my most embarrassing flaws pointed out, albeit quite nicely (the truth hurts, it really does). And I usually eat to calm myself down when I'm upset. Why that is I do not know, but there have been plenty of times I've been upset and grabbed some terribly fattening and nutritionally deficit food and consciously said, "I'll eat until I feel calm again." Weird, eh? Sooooo not normal, I know. But ultimately, despite today's ... Tuesdayness... I ate really well. A few almonds for breakfast, a large chef salad for lunch (with vinegar and olive oil instead of bottled dressing), carrots for an afternoon snack, and a Lean Cuisine for dinner. By the way, carrots do not calm me. Not even a little bit. So now I can't wait to weigh tomorrow!! Have I mentioned that I am obsessed with the weigh in? I know, I know - that's a whole 'nother post. Maybe tomorrow ... it'll be Wednesday - things are already looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment