Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Exercising

I'm not a big exerciser. But I am very active in the daily stuff - I stand a lot, walk around incessantly, go back and forth to the playground, chase a few kids, play ball in the yard ... one man in church once told me, "With all that running around you do you'd think you'd be skinnier!" Nice, eh? I'm sure he meant it in the sweetest way possible, but he's right: with all the running around I do, why aren't I skinnier?

I just can't stand to "work out." The programmed, follow this for 30 minutes, use weights, get those endorphins pumping ... hate it. For a while I was walking at 5:00 every morning, but then it got cold, then it rained, and now I'm having to be at work at 6:50, so at 5 I'm in the shower getting ready for the day. I just can't seem to get motivated to do some aerobic exercise, even though I know it would make a huge difference. I love to watch those "get-in-shape-in-eight-weeks" shows - Bulging Brides, National Challenge - my favorite is The Biggest Loser!! I dream of the day when a trainer will come to my door and force me to work out and work hard until inches just magically slide right off... Everyone tells me I'm not fat enough to go on The Biggest Loser, but I'm thinking if I ate like a pig for a few weeks and packed on another 50 pounds, I could go on the show, lose the 50 PLUS the extra junk in my trunk I already have! Yeah, Craig is SOOOO not on board with that plan. Plus I can't afford to leave my job. How do those people do it??? How can they go on TBL for months and still survive financially? There's gotta be a trick I don't know about...

No comments:

Post a Comment