Thursday, April 30, 2009

A slow morning

I'm having a hard time getting going this morning. I was up at 5am, the usual time, but it's already 5:30 and I'm still at the computer just in a daze. I've neglected my classwork this morning in order to read more - yes, MORE - about the dreaded swine flu. We've been cleaning like mad at the preschool, but still... any kind of flu worries me, seeing how kids are coughing in my face on a regular basis. One time a couple of weeks back a kid even spit right into my mouth. That was pretty gross, but man, I love that boy - he makes me super happy every time I see him. Okay, so now I'm rambling. Back to the flu... The weirdest part of my paranoia is that in my mind I'm thinking, "Oh, crap - if I die from the swine flu, they'll see what a mess my house is! I'm probably more susceptible to it because I am living in a pig sty!!" I'm actually thinking about cleaning my house really well so that in the 1 in a million chance I were to die nobody would see my pile of unorganized paperwork shoved in my dresser drawer. True - I literally have one full dresser drawer of paperwork, most of which could be thrown out, but I never go through it because I find it almost impossible to do anything productive in a room that contains an inviting bed. I go in with good intentions and end up taking a nap every time. *Sigh* My husband is so sweet about it - he frequently picks up and does dishes, and every time I say anything about not getting the housework done he says, "Don't worry, it'll all be here tomorrow. We can do it then!" Except he seems to forget that not only will the current mess be there, but a whole 'nother day's mess will be surrounding it, on top of it, mixed up with it. It's slowly driving me nuts!! I wish I knew someone I could pay to come in and just help me muck out. I used to have a friend I wold pay $20 for a couple of hours of hard core cleaning help, but she's working full time now and can't do that anymore. I'm just going to have to get off my behind and do a deep clean this weekend. Maybe the extra exercise will help whip me into shape! Come on, heavy sweeping and mopping has got to be worth a pound or two, right???? To say nothing of scrubbing the tub! I'll let you all know how this great plan works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment